Saturday, June 27, 2009

Summer Chill and Downloads

I am realizing, dear friends, that I have not been holding up my end of the deal and keeping you updated with things! I'm sorry! I've been a little out of it lately, and this week I've been battling an unfortunate head and chest cold that's got me all sinusy and hacking up a lung. This afternoon, I'm SUPPOSED to be going to the annual company picnic for my Dog Walking job, but I'm thinking infecting people and their young children with my untreated germs probably isn't the best way to spend my afternoon. Plus, yesterday didn't turn out so well for me.

Imagine if you will, this lovely combo: 88 degree weather with what felt like 80% humidity. Eight months pregnant, massive summer cold, and out walking dogs/doing pet sits, driving around town for say... 5 hours in and out of the car in all that heat. My stomach was hurting all day because of (1) I swear I have a knee shoved in there lately, (2) all the coughing and (3) drainage. By 4:00, I had reached my limit and had to rush home from my neighbor's house to get back to my A/C and almost throw up in the kitchen sink. (This of course was really not helped by the smell of eggs from breakfast that had not been cleaned up yet... ugh!!)

Translation, I was much busier yesterday than my body could handle and I paid dearly for it. That pretty well solidified my choice to stay away from the party today. I just don't especially want to have a repeat performance. I'm much more content staying home and watching movies on my laptop... while scanning and cleaning up my computer from a Trojan Virus I accidentally downloaded last night. Frick!!! I should have known better - I DID know better - and I went against my better judgment and didn't scan the blasted file before running it. Genius, I know.

For the sake of keeping this post reasonibly short, I'll end here and save the rest of my info for a later post. And yes, I promise I will post later today. See you soon, lovelies!

1 comment:

Wearing Mascara said...

Ahhhhhh I'm sorry about you being under the weather especially while pregnant! I'm sure that's no fun. We HAVE to hang out SOON! K? xoxo

Post a Comment