Thursday, March 5, 2009

Earliest I've been awake to date!

Hello readers. I'm sorry, I know it's been a few days since my last post. I've been actually trying to figure out what exactly to post about... not a whole lot has been going on. After my last post, Dog-Man called and sort of tried to work things out. I decided to give him one more chance, but of course, I think he still has no real concept of how to run a business, and nothing really changed. Earlier this week, I actually got a call from another dog walking company - MUCH more local, MUCH more experience and professionalism and concept of business image with your staff just as much as with your clients. They actually had a real list of questions on an interview form!!! gasp!

I went in for a casual interview yesterday, which was actually pretty great. I get along really well with the marketing director, we have a very similar mindset about how a business should work and what customer service looks like. I left with no direct job offer, but feeling as though I was already a part of the team. I will find out Monday if I got the job, and will start PAID training Tuesday!! Yeah, did I mention before that with the other company, the only work I would have been paid for was the actual dog walking I did? I would have been expected to do my own marketing, build my own client base, and come in for training completely pay-free. Riiiiiiiight.

Moving on, the current thing on my mind is something I am starting to get a little worried about. On Sunday in church, I started feeling a little, uncomfortable but not entirely painful twinge right in the middle of my lower pelvis. I brushed it off as no biggie because I didn't really feel any real alarm over it, it just wasn't comfortable. That, and I had just called the doctor a couple days prior with concerns about what turned out to be just a bad round ligament pull. I don't want to be a neglectful mother, but I also don't want to be freaking out over stupid little things. So, I figured I'd let this one go.

Here's the problem, though... since Monday, off and on, and - I realized today - increasingly, I have been experiencing what feels a lot like mild menstrual cramping that fades in and out all day. It's completely subtle and doesn't impede my activities at all, but I definitely notice it. When it woke me up this morning just before 6:00 (not awful, just enough to wake me up), I realized I couldn't ignore it anymore. Now, I'm up at least an hour and a half earlier than what I'm used to, researching mild cramping in the second trimester, and starting to freak out. No one else is awake yet, my doctor's office isn't open, but the article I found basically said that because the pain is consistent I need to call the doctor.

They already decided they want me to get things checked out at my next sonogram to be sure they're not "missing anything" from the ligament cramping before - now THAT pain was bad! - and now, with my next appointment still 2 weeks away, I'm not sure if I can really wait any longer to get it done.

Are there any other moms out there who've experienced this happening? I'm really trying hard not to become a total worry-wart, but I've had a pretty constant fear of something awful happening to my baby, that I haven't ever been able to totally shake. I'm struggling with really relying on God and allowing him to give me peace about this whole thing. I just want to have a healthy baby...

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I've always been told that any/all cramping is round ligament pain. The nurses at OB offices love to brush off pains as RL stuff. They always say so take Tylenol for pain and to come in if the cramping is accompanied by bleeding. ALL moms become "worry-warts" about their unborn children. You aren't the first and won't be the last. :)

That said, there's a reason that we have woman's intuition and a mother's instinct - we're more in tune with things (especially in our own bodies and even more so during pregnancy). If you think there is cause for concern, INSIST that your doctor fit you in earlier. The doctor is there to help you and see you. Don't feel like you're bothering them - let them earn the money that your insurance company is paying them.

Oh, and my best advice - don't google pregnancy stuff. There is an article about EVERYTHING. You'll get so freaked out that you "have" something and the stress isn't good for the baby. Lexi had a renal ultrasound today and I'm fighting every urge I have to google what "fluid in kidney's" means because I would rather have a doctor tell me something definite than stress out about a possibility.

HUGS to you!

Post a Comment